Hypnotherapy for Phobias
Hypnotherapy for phobias is a very common reason for people to seek help from a hypnotherapist. The most common phobias that people come to get resolved are flying, heights, feeling sick, eating in public, wasps, birds and spiders. All these, and more, can be rapidly resolved using our hypnotherapy for phobias programme.
Phobias are created when the mind links a non-threatening situation or object to danger. It’s appropriate to experience fear when confronted by a mad axeman because you are in danger and the fear response prepares you to fight or flee in order to remain safe. However, it often happens that the mind can link something innocuous such as a bird, spider, a vehicle or even baked beans (it can happen) with danger and automatically creates the fear response. It usually isn’t necessary to find out how or why this happened in order to correct the problem. Using hypnotherapy or similar methods we simply retrain the mind to respond automatically in a more appropriate way. Treatment is quick, painless, you remain in control and aware at all times and results are excellent. If you would like to find out more about how we can help you become free of your phobia feel free to give me a call and book a free consultation.
Hypnotherapy for phobias – Some common phobias
- Achluophobia – Fear of darkness
- Agliophobia – Fear of pain
- Arachnophobia – Fear of spiders
- Aviophobia – Fear of flying
- Brontophobia – Fear of thunder and lightning (storms)
- Coulrophobia – Fear of clowns
- Dentophobia – Fear of the dentist
- Emetophobia – Fear of vomiting
- Ereuthrophobia – Fear of blushing
- Hemophobia – Fear of blood
- Insectophobia – Fear of insects
- Lachanophobia – Fear of vegetables
- Mottephobia – Fear of moths
- Ornithophobia – Fear of birds
There are lots of phobias. Each has its own Greek name.
We know that right now you are scared of your phobia, and that facing it in therapy might be a scary prospect, but please be assured that during our hypnotherapy for phobias programme you will be relaxed and calm all the way through.
Individual results vary from person to person.